In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), TGT will remove any Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any Content without prior notice.
If TGT publishes Material you think infringes your copyright, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address your concerns.
If the Material falls into one of the categories listed above under Image and Video, we believe that our use is legitimate and we may not remove it from the site. If you have corresponded with TGT directly, and thereafter choose to pursue a copyright notice, please note that we will respond only to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site.
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by email to email@example.com) with an attached and signed PDF that sets forth the items specified below. If we do not respond in 10 business days, please write again – high email volume and spam means we sometimes miss emails.
To enable us to address your concerns quickly and efficiently, please provide the following information in your notice email:
- For each alleged infringement that you wish to have removed, please provide the exact URL for the page containing the Material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you: an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone number.
- For images, provide the following detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing image:
- Proof of copyright in the image concerned, namely proof of copyright registration of the Image, or, absent such registration, a detailed description of the image – where it was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, and evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright. We may not comply with requests to remove an image if you cannot prove that you own the copyright in the image in question.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org).
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 7, your DMCA notice may not be valid and we will have no obligation to respond or acknowledge receipt of your notice. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on TGT infringes your copyrights.