Spring is here, and we’re welcoming it with open arms. We’re facing these early, chilly spring days with our favorite classic layers, and as the season starts to warm up we’ll roll up our sleeves and cuff our pants to feel some sunshine on our skin.
As we think about what colors are in our rotation this season, we’re getting inspiration from an unexpected place: Congress. Something about seeing all the new congresswomen decked out in white powersuits and dresses earlier this year invigorated us—and has us reaching for all the crisp white wardrobe staples in our closets.
On top of those classic base pieces, and to celebrate the newness of spring, we’re adding in pops of blush, yellow, and a couple hints of green. Which makes us feel a little like a flower, and it feels good. Plus, we’ve discovered some of the sweetest fair trade rubber rain boots, so we even have a reason to look forward to those spring showers.
These 15 high quality, ethically-made wardrobe staples will keep you bright and cheerful all season long! These are the pieces we imagine ourselves wearing at least 30 wears and loving every time we do. If you’re embarking on a capsule for the first time, or want to get inspired by the variety of capsule wardrobes people practice, check out our deep dive into what capsule wardrobes are here!
Spring Wardrobe Essentials
1. Hadley Henley by MATE The Label, $88 | 100% organic cotton, made in Los Angeles
2. Joslyn Linen Stripe Tee by Monsoon London, $50 | Fair labor standards, gives back
3. Nash Button Up by Lacausa, $125 | Made in Los Angeles, 100% cotton
4. Sage Mock Neck by Back Beat Rags, $55 | Made in Los Angeles, 95% organic cotton
5. Jordan Jacket by Whimsy + Row, $198 | Made in Los Angeles, CA from deadstock cotton
6. Sarita Blouse by Thought, $65 | 100% organic cotton, sustainably made, fair labor standards
7. Hepburn Crop by DL1961, $199 | Sustainably made using solar power & recycled water, recycled packaging
8. Cindy High Rise by ABLE, $148 | Fair labor standards, B Corp, handcrafted in Mexico
9. Jersey Skirt by Kotn, $58 | B Corp, gives back, fair labor standards
10. Debby Dress by People Tree, $108 | Fair trade, made from 100% organic cotton
11. Andaz Romper by Seek Collective, $288 | Sustainably made, fair wages, 100% organic cotton, naturally dyed
12. Freya Linen Dress by Boden, $130 | Ethical trading, fair wages, gives back, recyclable packaging
13. D’or Ankle Boot by Alice + Whittles, $110 | Handcrafted from 100% fair trade rubber
14. Square Toe Slingback by Everlane, $165 | Made responsibly, industry-leading transparency
15. Jane Vegan Shoe by Taylor & Thomas, $585 | 100% vegan, uses FSC-certified sustainably-harvested wood, made in Los Angeles