A Spring Mood
As much as I love summer, it wasn’t until this year that I realized how much of a soft spot the season of spring has in my heart. There’s something very soft and beautiful about the warmth of the sun after weeks of rain that inspires me to start everything anew. Lately, I’ve been pinning to my Pinterest boards like crazy—manifesting a lifestyle in which I shop at the local farmers market, drink orange wine often, and wear (I cannot stress this enough) LOTS of gingham.
I was fortunate enough to find the most amazing gingham dress at the Rose Bowl flea market a couple of weeks ago. This purchase inspired me to see what other gingham gems are out there in the world of ethical and sustainable fashion. My search did not disappoint me!
Below are 5 ethically and sustainably-made gingham pieces that are perfect for the spring wardrobe of your most Pinterest-y dreams.
1. Maybelle Short Sleeve Blouse by Capulet, $139 | This blue top seems to have the perfect amount of airiness you could ask for in a springtime staple. This top would pair nicely with a pair of vintage denim and a small heel. Produced fairly and ethically in Los Angeles.
2. Capri Wrap Skirt by Lisa Says Gah, $110 | This dainty skirt combines the dimension of a wrap skirt with the sophistication of a midi-skirt. I’d pair this gem with a t-shirt and pair of tennis shoes for a casual, but head-turning daytime look. Ethically produced in California, made with natural fabrics.
3. Kiernan Dress by Reformation, $178 | A more classic gingham number, this dress is a huge nod to the 90s. Throw on a denim jacket to dress it down or rock a pair of heels to dress it up. Made sustainably in Turkey.
4. Standard Baggu by Baggu, $10 | This blush pink and black gingham Baggu is the perfect catch-all bag for your lipstick, your sparkly hair clips and your back-up deodorant (we all do it!) Ethically made in China.
5. Galina Blazer by Selva Negra, $260 | For those days that are on the chilly side, this gingham blazer has you covered. Would pair well with vintage denim, a pair of slacks, or these matching trousers! Made sustainably in Los Angeles.