Our Home Capsule Collection For A Conscious & Cozy Space
A Mood Board For Moody Winter Days
Winter is right around the corner, and so we’re preparing our homes with all the cozy things. Kettle and tea mugs? Check. Clean-burning candles and cozy throws? Check; check. A good book to turn in with? Also check!
While the most sustainable home goods are the ones you currently own (or that you find secondhand!), the below capsule collection is serving us serious mood board inspo for a warm, homey space. From new bedding that will keep you snug to fresh towels for your holiday guests, these are our very favorite cozy and conscious decor essentials for the days ahead.
1. Linen Duvet Cover by By Mölle, €139 | 100% flax linen (grown, woven, and sewn in Europe), handmade in The Netherlands, customizable sizing and closures, worldwide shipping
2. Chamber Ceramic Table Lamp by West Elm, $199+ | Hand-formed ceramic body, handcrafted in a Fair Trade Certified facility in the Philippines
3. Placemat Set (4) by Morrow Soft Goods, $55 | Four color options, 100% flax linen (double ply), OEXO-TEX certified, made in Portugal
4. Ecopots from Bloomscape, $25+ | Five color options, waterproof, made with up to 80% recycled plastic harvested from the ocean, CO2 Neutral Company certificate
5. Framed Textile Wall Art by LRNCE, €350+ | Natural dyed wool, hand-embroidered designs, custom sizing options, worldwide shipping
6. Sol Potholder by MINNA, $32 | Three colors, double-sided, 100% cotton, handwoven by pedal loom weavers in Guatemala
7. Wool Felt Coasters by Graf Lantz, $24/4-pack | Responsibly crafted from 100% merino wool (renewable and biodegradable), stain-resistant
8. Ceramic Plates by East Fork, $18+ | Seven color options, handmade in Asheville, North Carolina using locally sourced clay, certified B Corp, climate-neutral, worldwide shipping
9. Throw by Dazed but Amazed, AU $75 | 100% flax linen, hand-dyed and stonewashed, OEKO-TEX certified, family-owned and operated company, worldwide shipping
10. Textured Organic Towels by Under The Canopy, $64 | Six-piece set, eight colors, 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, OEKO-TEX certified, made responsibly in Pakistan
11. Hand-Knit Rug by Parachute, $69 | 100% long-staple Turkish cotton, hand-knit in Turkey, gives back
12. The Essential Chair by Sabai, $645 | Five colors, FSC-certified wood, recycled and upcycled fabrics, no toxic off-gassing, CertiPUR-US certified high resiliency foam, made-to-order, closed-loop system
13. Collective Wisdom authored by Grace Bonney, $35 | 400 pages, hardcover, features interviews with women including writer Roxane Gay, NASA team member Elaine Denniston, stylist Stacy London, and Black, transgender community leader and activist Miss Major
14. Stagg EKG Electric Kettle by Fellow, $159 | Seven color options, stainless steel, ETL compliance
15. Kaya Striped Ceramic Cups by Justina Blakeney from Jungalow, $20 | Fair trade, artisans receive fair wages, designed by Justina Blakeney, sets available, international shipping
16. Custom Marble Mirror by Katie Gillies, £70+ | Handcrafted by Katie Gillies and her small team in Nottingham, England, made-to-order, available in small batches
17. Minimalist Candles by Brooklyn Candle Studio, $28+ | Made in Brooklyn, 100% soy wax, lead-free cotton wicks, vegan, phthalate- and petroleum-free, worldwide shipping
18. Area Rug by Cold Picnic, $120+ | Hand-tufted, deadstock & natural materials, handmade in India by skilled artisans, Goodweave- and C&F-certified factory, production space is 100% dependent on solar energy
Kayti Christian (she/her) is a Senior Editor at The Good Trade. She has a Master’s in Nonfiction Writing from the University of London and is the creator of Feelings Not Aside, a newsletter for enneagram 4s and other sensitive-identifying people. Outside of writing, she loves hiking, reading memoir, and the Oxford comma.