Ethical Edit: Everyday Hoop Earrings For A Well-Rounded Look
Hoops: The Universal Earring.
I once heard someone say that hoop earrings are the answer to everything. Having a bad hair day? Throw on some hoops. Feeling under the weather? Hoops will make you feel better. Just broke up with someone? Hoops! There’s no denying that hoops automatically pull a look together. They’re simple and timeless. And a good pair of hoop earrings are certainly worth the investment.
We’ve made a list of 5 ethical and sustainable everyday hoop earrings. The options below come in a variety of metals, thicknesses and closures—there’s an everyday hoop here for every type of person!
1. Round Hoop by Laura Lombardi, $98 | At 40mm in diameter, these lightweight hoops are a great statement accessory that will fit seamlessly into your wardrobe. Laura Lombardi exercises sustainability by using raw or recycled materials.
2. Primary Hoops by ABLE, $54 | The perfect gold hoops for anyone looking for a simple, yet striking pair of earrings for everyday wear. These earrings are 2 inches in diameter, filled with 14k gold, and crafted in Nashville, TN.
3. Large Hoops by Mejuri, $85 | These solid white gold hoops are so subtle, yet somehow luxurious at the same time. These would pair nicely with a plain white-tee, or just about anything! Made responsibly with 14k gold.
4. Gia Hoop by Wolf Circus, $110 | These hoops made from recycled silver are a unique twist on your average silver hoop. They’re 20mm in diameter and can be dressed up or down as you please! Thoughtfully designed in Vancouver, BC.
5. Huggie Hoops by Vrai, $175 | These tiny hoops live up to their name—hugging the ear perfectly. Made sustainably with 14k gold and a simple hinge closure, these hoops are perfect for adding a bit of edge to your everyday look.
Celeste M. Scott is the Social Media Coordinator at The Good Trade. She is a writer and photographer who is passionate about film and Internet culture. She can often be found sifting through the racks at her local Savers. You can find her work on her website and Instagram.