Slow Fashion Menswear
In our quest to slow down and consume less, we’re seeing the capsule wardrobe movement show up everywhere—including menswear. And when it comes to a simple wardrobe for men, it’s all about neutral basics, unique layers, and a perfectly-chosen shoe, which is why many of these staples are investment pieces you’ll wear well over thirty times.
Want to take your look to the next level? Take your high-quality pieces to a tailor to get the perfect fit, so you’ll always look fresh and polished—even when you’re wearing a piece you’ve had for years.
If you’re embarking on a capsule for the first time, or want to get inspired by the variety of capsule wardrobes people practice, check out our deep dive into what capsule wardrobes are here!
Men’s Wardrobe Staples
1. Avro Classic Hemp Shirt by Thought, $64 | Made from hemp and organic cotton, sustainably made, fair labor standards
2. The Parker Shirt by Saltura, $108 | Made from hemp & organic cotton, made in the USA
3. Pickman Plaid Button Down by United By Blue, $78 | Environmental preservation, B Corp, uses recycled and organic materials
4. Bradley Pocket Tee by Ably, $48 | Eco-friendly, chemical-free, odor-proof, and stain repellant for more wears between washes
5. Organic Long Sleeve Henley by Alternative Apparel, $44 | Fair Labor Association standards, uses sustainable materials, Green Certified
6. Casual Crew Neck Tee by Pact, $20 | Fair Trade Certified, organic cotton, B Corp
7. Indigo Flannel Button Down by Apolis, $118 | B Corp, 100% cotton, fair & safe working conditions
8. Essential Cashmere by Naadam, $75 | Ethical production practices, fair treatment of herders & sheep
9. Pavement Sweatshirt by Outerknown, $88 | Adhere to Fair Labor Association & Bluesign guidelines, uses sustainable materials
10. Allerdale Chino Blazer by Boden, $235 | Ethical trading, fair wages, give back, recyclable packaging
11. All-Wear Shorts by Patagonia, $59 | Fair Trade Certified, 100% organic cotton brushed canvas
12. The Denim Jacket by Everlane, $88 | Made responsibly, industry-leading transparency
13. Oaken Pant by Tentree, $76 | B Corp, uses sustainable fabrics, plants ten trees for every item purchased
14. Smart Tailored Pants by Grana, $50 | Safe & ethical work standards, ethical sourcing
15. Pro Original Raw Denim by Todd Shelton, $205 | Made in USA, in-house manufacturing, ethical sourcing, made-to-order
16. Tree Runners by Allbirds, $95 | B Corp, uses natural materials, gives back, WRAP certified production facility
17. Chavito Chukka Boot by Nisolo, $158 | Fair labor standards, sustainable practices, artisan empowerment
18. Steal Sneaker by Matt & Nat, $125 | Vegan, fair wages, use eco-friendly materials