In Sizes 14 And Up
With spring just around the corner, we are starting to maybe consider the idea that one day, we will be able to bask in the sun wearing our favorite ethically-made bikini.
This year, we are excited to find bathing suit brands not only made ethically using earth-friendly materials but also dedicated to having a progressive range of sizes with an emphasis on plus size. These brands are breaking free from the often inaccessible sizing norms of many bathing suit brands on the market.
The 5 bathing suit styles below are our favorite silhouettes for the season along with being our favorite conscious swimwear brands making bathing suits for everybody.
1. The Alicia Bottoms by Nettle’s Tale, $53 | We love this brand's swimwear collection that is thoughtfully designed for all types of bodies and ages. Their swimwear is locally made by women in Canada and 10% of their profits go to charities.
2. Wrap Top by Hackwith Design House, $92 | Using recycled polyester to create diverse swimwear, we are in love with Hackwith Design House's spring swimwear collection. Their swim is also made to be versatile in the way that the pieces are worn.
3. Greta In Bordeaux by Jessica Rey, $108 | Made locally in Los Angeles from regenerated fabrics like fishing nets, Jessica Rey swimwear is committed to creating ethical swimwear for all body types with a vintage and classic silhouette.
4. Samantha One Piece by Alyned Together, $59 | Alyned Together is dedicated to creating sustainable swimwear for all body types made from recycled polyester and a portion of purchases go towards ocean conservation programs.
5. Signature Swimsuit by Deakin & Blue, £105 | Another amazing swimwear brand using ethical and earth friendly materials to create their inclusive swimwear. Deakin & Blue uses a fabric called ECONYL that is made from 100% recycled fishing net and nylon waste. Check out their other fits of the same design to get the right size for your bust measurements!
Courtney Jay Higgins is the Associate Editor at The Good Trade. She is also a Yoga Instructor, vegetarian, wellness and fashion enthusiast. Originally from Colorado, her soul found California when she came to get her degree in Visual Communications at the Fashion Institute Of Design & Merchandising. She has a background in telling a story through writing, creative direction and content creation. Check out her blog and Instagram for her unique perspective on the mergence of fashion and spirituality.