A Week Of Outfits With The Blogger & Podcaster Molly Stillman
The Good Trade's Week of Outfits Series highlights women that have personally inspired us to shop and live with intention. Each woman takes her own unique approach slow fashion and demonstrates how beautifully sustainable fashion can come to life. Today we're excited to share seven outfits comprising of only seven pieces with Molly Stillman, the conscious blogger behind Still Being Molly and podcaster behind the Business With Purpose Podcast!
// ABOUT MOLLY //
I have always been one to wear what I love and wear what makes me feel good. I love fashion as a way of self-expression. For me, fashion is an extension of my personality. I also love to consider myself to be a fashion chameleon. One day I might wear faux leather leggings and a dressy tunic, and then next day I’ll wear my favorite jeans and a white t-shirt, and then the day after that I’ll wear overalls and a cardigan.
My priority is shopping ethical brands that are doing amazing things in the world… brands I know that are employing artisans that are being paid a living wage, have access to education or personal development, and are treated with the dignity they deserve. I also will only buy what I absolutely love. If there is even a sliver of doubt in my mind as to whether or not I will love or wear a particular piece of clothing, I don’t buy it. Period. My mentality has shifted a lot over the years and I’ve really learned how to pare down my closet to items I love and really represent who I am.
The 7 Items For My 7x7
1. Grace & Lace Perfect V-Neck Pocket Tee | This tee is literally the best basic tee ever. I love it so much I own it in three colors.
2. Victoria Road Josephine Top | Victoria Road is an amazing fair trade fashion brand… I got this top last year and have worn it SO many times!
3. Henley Sweater from The Flourish Market | I got this sweater earlier this year and I have worn it no less than 20 times already. It’s easily one of my favorite tops ever.
4. ABLE Denim Jacket | This jacket is a STAPLE in my wardrobe. I wear it nearly every day. No 7x7—and really no outfit, would be complete without this jacket.
5. Grace & Lace Designer Denim | These jeans feel like leggings. They are easily THE MOST comfortable jeans I own!
6. Zipper Detail Jeans | I don’t even remember where I got these… but I love them so much and wear them all the time!
7. The Root Collective Espe Booties | I have been a long time fan of The Root Collective. My friend Bethany owns the company and they are, by far, my favorite shoe brand. These gray Espe booties have been on repeat ever since I got them. They go with EVERYTHING and people always stop to ask me about them!
You can never go wrong with a basic white tee and jeans outfit. Never. It will always be in style. It will always look good. I love dressing up my basic white tee with a scarf or statement jewelry. This was just a casual weekend look and so I didn’t need anything but the white tee, my comfy jeans, and Espe booties.
This henley sweater can be worn buttoned or unbuttoned and I love that I can wear it as a cardigan over my basic white tee! It’s amazing how different an outfit can feel just by throwing on a cardigan. Great for lounging around, running errands, or even a casual day at work. I will also throw on a denim jacket when I’m out and that makes the outfit feel even more different!
My favorite way to wear this henley sweater is buttoned up and tied at the bottom! This is one of those really easy outfits that can be worn out, to work, or even just around the house.
I don’t really dress up much. I don’t have the occasion to. This top from Victoria Road is one of my “dressier” tops, but it still feels casual enough to wear on a regular basis. It’s so beautiful and unique and I get compliments on it all the time.
All I did for this day was switch out my pants! Amazing how just changing ONE thing can make an outfit look and feel so different. The soft purple color in these pants goes so well with the colors in the Victoria Road top! Plus, the zipper detailing makes these pants fun!
I brought back my gray henley for this look and once again, I just love it. Can I possibly say “I love it” anymore? Do you see why I love this sweater so much? I also own this sweater in multiple colors because it is so versatile!
This might be my favorite look of all. My favorite denim jacket with my favorite white tee and my favorite jeans and boots. I could easily wear this outfit 7 days a week. Okay, maybe not that much, but you know what I mean.