Eco-Friendly Hair Accessories
As someone who likes to keep things relatively simple with my everyday outfits (t-shirts and jeans are my everyday uniform), accessories are a great way to spice things up without breaking the bank! And what better way to do so than with some of the 90s’ best contributions to society: scrunchies and barrettes?
Below are six ethical and sustainably-made scrunchies and barrettes that will have you looking effortlessly stylish.
1. Cloud Scrunchie by Room Shop Vintage, $20 | Made out of recycled, deadstock, scrap ends or discontinued fabric, this giant, fluffy scrunchie is for the minimalist looking to go big, or the maximalist looking to go even bigger.
2. Scrunchie by Los Angeles Apparel, $7 | These cotton scrunchies harken back to the funky styles of 90s sitcom teenagers such as Clarissa from Clarissa Explains It All. They’re USA-made and come in a variety of super cool colors.
3. Malala Scrunchie by Hara, $15 | A slightly elevated take on the classic scrunchie, the Malala scrunchie is perfect for the simple and sophisticated woman. Made from OEKO-TEX 100-approved organic bamboo fabric, we also love that 100% of the proceeds go to the Malala Fund.
4. Stella Hair Clips by Foe & Dear, $40 | Made of 100% eco-friendly acetate, these hair clips will have you saying, “I’ll take two…or three or four our five.” They’re perfect for stacking on as a statement look, or worn one at a time for a more subtle flair.
5. Charlotte Hair Clip by NINIco Jewelry, $13 | You can never go wrong with tortoise. That’s right, I said never! This handmade tortoise clip is sure to match just about anything in your wardrobe, and you can quote me on that.
6. Fruit Salad Barrette by Lisa Says Gah, $46 | Fruit salad in my hair? Yes, please! This fruit salad barrette, made in Los Angeles, is perfect for a picnic, end of summer BBQ, or to add a little more playfulness to a regular weekday.