Soak Up That Summer Sunshine!
Our inspiration is versatile and casual-chic this season, featuring sunny earth tones and loose-fitting looks. We’re pairing some classic tees with wide-legged pants and the perfect strappy sandals. This summer is also one of jumpsuits and breezy dresses you can easily toss on before jumping into your day. It’s back-to-the-basics in 2019, but with a modern spin. Dress these outfits up with sleek gold accessories or down with comfy loafers. No matter what, you’ll be looking timeless and effortless.
Here are our 18 favorite responsibly-made pieces that are inspiring our capsule wardrobe this summer! Each piece of this capsule is made ethically and built to last well beyond this season. These are the pieces we imagine ourselves wearing at least 30 wears and loving every time we do. If you’re embarking on a capsule for the first time, or want to get inspired by the variety of capsule wardrobes that other people practice, check out our deep dive into what capsule wardrobes are here!
Details below the images. Let us know your favorites! ✨
Capsule Wardrobe Pieces
1. Elliot Sleeveless by Sourcery, $140 | 100% ethically sourced silk, certified non-toxic dyes
2. Block-Striped T-Shirt by Gudrun Sjõdén, £44 | Made from organic cotton, reduced amount of waste
3. The Maxime Tee by Industry Standard, $40 | 100% organic cotton, American-made
4. Baseball Eco-Jersey by Alternative Apparel, $10–$40 | Organic & recycled materials, fabric made in the USA
5. Delia Top by Reformation, $58 | Sustainable, made in LA, saves water & carbon dioxide
6. Featherweight V-Neck T by Pact, $20 | 100% organic cotton, fair trade factory, saves water
7. The Camberwell Cropped Jeans by Boden, $90 | Fair trade, donates clothes to charities
8. Hepburn Crop High Rise Wide Leg by DL1961, $199 | 100% cotton, ethically sourced, water efficient
9. Samara Chambray Organic Cotton Culottes by Thought, £49.90 | 100% hemp, ethically sourced
10. Isadora Tie Jumpsuit by Elizabeth Suzann, $265 | 100% linen, cut and sewn in the USA
11. The Corey White Denim Skirt by Boyish, $108 | Recycled cotton, reduced water usage
12. Playa Shorts by Sotela, $199 | Natural fibers, deadstock material
13. The Tank Gauze Dress by Suunday, $118 | 100% cotton, high-quality textiles
14. Jade Midi Dress by Whimsy + Row, $124 | Sustainably made, Made in LA, recycled, deadstock fabric
15. The Long Weekend Tee Dress by Everlane, $40 | 100% cotton, ethical factory standards
16. Del Mar Sandal by Matisse, $35 | Vegan, manmade lining
17. The Dawn Sandal by Christy Dawn, $158 | Upcycled leather, sewn in LA
18. Wata White Dried Petal Sneakers by Veja, £80 | Organic cotton, raw materials, chemical-free