7 Organic Cotton Leggings And Yoga Pants For Everyday Wear
The Good Trade editors endorse products we’ve personally researched, tested, and genuinely love. Learn more about our methodology and business model here.
Leggings are our all-day comfort clothing staple, whether we’re on Zoom meetings (business up top, cozy down low), watching our favorite Netflix series, or staying grounded and focused with a living room flow.
We especially love these organic cotton yoga leggings made with minimal spandex or elastane (to help retain stretchiness and durability!). They’re all made by smaller businesses with ethical production practices and sustainable ethics. Snag yourself a pair and thank us later.
Ethics | Organic cotton or recycled nylon, Fair Trade Certified, eco-friendly production, carbon-offset shipping
Sizes | XS–XXL
Price Range | $35–$45
Pact has leggings for every kind of activity from lounging to exercising. All ethically made in fair trade factories, they’re either made of organic cotton or recycled nylon so they’re soft and sustainable. We especially love that some come with pockets for when we’re on the move. Plus, Pact offsets their carbon footprint with each order. A win-win no matter which pair you pick up.
2. MATE the Label
Ethics | Organic cotton, ethically made in Los Angeles, circular recycling, eco-friendly packaging, gives back
Sizes | XS–3X
Price Range | $68
When you pick up a pair of MATE the Label’s organic leggings, you may be surprised how comfortably they move, just as you do! This organic cotton blend, made without microplastics unlike most other activewear, is ideal for low- to mid-impact exercise. 100 percent of MATE the Label’s products are cut, sewn, dyed, packaged, and shipped from the heart of Los Angeles, all within 10 miles. The brand also gives back a percentage of sales every year to sustainable causes.
3. Indigo Luna
Ethics | Organic cotton or recycled plastic, low-impact dyes, ethically made in Indonesia, women-run factory, free of single-use plastics
Sizes | XXS–3XL
Price Range | $95-99
Based out of Australia, Indigo Luna’s Ananda Leggings are made of over 90 percent GOTS certified organic cotton and hand-dyed in the dreamiest of earth tones. They’re sewn in a small woman-run factory in Indonesia, and shipped to you in eco-friendly packaging. And did we mention they’re also 100 percent squat-proof? 👀 Perfect for at-home workouts or as we ease back into the gym!
Ethics | GOTS certified organic cotton, recycled or natural materials, Fair Trade Certified
Sizes | UK 6-24
Price Range | £30-£75
Thought makes comfy, eco-friendly leggings from natural fabrics like bamboo, hemp, and organic cotton in biodegradable and breathable blends that are as gentle on your skin as they are on the planet. Their sustainable leggings come in form-hugging or more relaxed fits with just the right amount of stretch. Choose from classic black, navy, gray, or fun floral prints, and check out their bamboo skirt cover to add a twist to your yoga look!
5. Vege Threads
Ethics | GOTS certified organic cotton, ethically made in Australia, Australian Certified Organic dyes, gives back
Sizes | XS–3XL
Price Range | $79–$119
Australian brand Vege Threads carries the best in organic, locally made basics. 80 percent of all fabrics used are ethically crafted in Melbourne, from GOTS certified organic cotton to recycled nylon. (The other 20 percent is still sewn within Australia!) Intentionally designed with a high-rise support band and a generous stretch, these leggings will retain their shape and opaqueness over time. As a sustainable company, Vege Threads is a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
6. Happy Earth
Ethics | Certified B Corp, organic cotton & tencel, recycled packaging, gives back, carbon-free production, fair trade conditions
Sizes | XS–XXL
Price Range | $65
Happy Earth is a certified B Corp out of Point Pleasant, NJ that’s checked allll the boxes when it comes to sustainability, including their plant-based leggings. Products are ethically made in fair trade working environments using only sustainable fibers like organic cotton and tencel. Happy Earth regularly gives back and has already made an impressive impact. Super stretchy and versatile, you can catch us wearing these to aerial yoga or to run errands.
7. Maggie’s Organics
Ethics | GOTS certified organic cotton, ethically made in India by union workers, fair trade, gives back
Sizes | S–XXL
Price Range | $24–$55
Maggie’s Organics has the most affordable organic cotton leggings we’ve seen. Made in fair trade working conditions in India, these GOTS certified leggings are also super soft and stretchy, making them a real steal. And if ankle-length leggings aren’t your thing, Maggie’s Organics also carries mid-calf options! We admire the brand’s dedication to transparency and going “behind” the label to learn more about production and ethics. See for yourself!
Featured image from Mate The Label