The Best Memorial Day Sales From Sustainable Brands—Including Mattresses And More
The Good Trade editors endorse products we’ve personally researched, tested, and genuinely love. Learn more about our methodology and business model here.
The unofficial start to summer is this weekend, and you’ll find many of us here in the US spending time with family, friends, and loved ones over this long weekend.
You’ll also see Memorial Day sales everywhere—from storefronts to websites, many brands use this moment for cutting prices before the new season. If there’s a product that’s long been on your wishlist, or in need of replacement, we’ve gathered the best deals from our favorite sustainable brands. Because finding more sustainable choices on a smaller budget can be difficult, and we’ve found seasonal sales to be one of the most helpful approaches. Well-crafted and fairly made goods are inherently more expensive than those available on the ultra-mass market, sometimes leaving folks who have less money to spend feeling excluded (which isn’t sustainable either).
Below you’ll find a regularly updated list of the sales you can find this weekend—if there’s a product or brand on your list, be sure to bookmark this page as new sales will go live daily through the weekend. (The most deals will be live between Friday May 26th and Monday May 29th.) We especially encourage you to use this list as a reference for goods you were already planning to buy. If you have a specific brand or item in mind, skip all the rest and hit Ctrl+F or ⌘+F on desktop to search the page for what you want. (If you’re on mobile here’s how to find on page on Apple and Android devices.)
Wherever this weekend takes you, we’re wishing you a restful one filled with the people and places you love the most.
- Awara, one of our favorite organic mattress brands (especially for warm sleepers), is offering $799 of savings on your Memorial Day mattress purchase! Save $300 on all eco-friendly hybrid mattresses with certified organic latex and get $499 worth of sleep accessories—a sheet set, latex pillows, and a mattress protector. This sale runs through June 5th.
- You can save 35% sitewide at Bear, our favorite affordable mattress brand which is also great for athletes and active folks, through June 5th. Plus, you get $400 worth of sleep accessories with any mattress purchase! Use code MEMDAY at checkout.
- Dreaming of better sleep, especially if you’re dealing with back pain? 😴 You can save 40% off all Dreamcloud mattresses through June 5th and get the support you need. (Offer auto-applied at checkout).
- Plushbeds is offering a sitewide sale across all their categories! Save $1,250 on any bedroom mattress, and get $599 worth of free bedding with purchase. You can also get 25% off toppers, pillows, and bedding as well as RV mattresses and sofa mattresses. Even better—use code GOODTRADE100 for an additional $100 of savings on any bedroom mattress.
- Save $350 when you spend more than $1000 at Saatva when you use this link through May 31st—valid on mattresses, bedding, and furniture so you can even snag some gifts for Father’s Day.
- Take note—Avocado is offering sales across all our favorite products. Save 10% on all mattresses, toppers, and pillows when you use code HONOR at checkout, but don’t sleep on the 30% off latex mattress sales, and additional discounts on clothing, bedding, and furniture (we’ve got our eye on the zero waste slatted bench). First time customers can also use code GOODTRADE for 10% off sale prices—this offer does not stack with other discount codes.
- Looking for an eco-friendly mattress that’s actually firm? Plank’s flippable mattress offers two firmness options, and you can save 30% in store and sitewide through May 29th. Use code MEMORIAL30 at checkout.
- Birch mattresses are designed with optimum pressure relief in mind and crafted here in the USA—so you can sleep supported every night. Save 25% sitewide when you use the code MEMORIALDAY25 and get two free eco-rest pillows with any mattress purchase.
- For a memory foam mattress that offers an unforgettable night’s sleep, Brentwood Home has you covered. Use code HONOR at checkout for 10% off sitewide (the yoga mats are worth the splurge).
- And if you’re still making up your mind on what firmness you’d like, head over to Spindle for the adjustable latex mattress that you can change to fit your comfort needs. Save up to $700 on select mattresses through May 23rd, auto applied at checkout.
- Whether you sleep cool or warm, Eight Sleep offers temperature-controlled mattress covers and mattresses to help optimize your rest! Automatically save $250 on any mattress purchase, $100 on covers, and 20% off sleep accessories with the purchase of either mattress or cover through May 30th.
- Save 10% sitewide on your purchase at Sabai—our team’s go-to brand for sofas, sectionals, and now rugs too! Discount is automatically applied in the cart.
- Our editor’s favorite cookware brand, Made In, is offering up to 30% off their professional quality kitchen goods through May 31st.
- We adore The Citizenry‘s timeless and elegant decor, and are even more excited that the brand is offering up to 30% off sitewide! Save on elevated home goods at The Citizenry through May 30th.
- For the best in designer dishes, gorgeous glassware, and chef-worthy cookware you can’t miss Food52‘s sale this weekend! Use the code SUMMER at checkout and save 20% off purchases under $200 and 25% on purchases over $250—especially perfect for housewarmings and newlyweds.
- There’s one brand of sheets our editor can’t stop raving about, and it’s Sijo. This bamboo-based bedding brand is cozy, but stays cool for hot sleepers (and warm for cool sleepers!)—save 20% off sitewide using code MEMORIAL23 through May 30th.
- Coyuchi is a TGT favorite for their luxurious bedding, blankets, and bath linens—head to the site where you can find up to 70% off clearance items, through May 29th.
- Parachute Home rarely offers sales, so this is the time to snag your favorites. You can save 20% on all orders, automatically applied at checkout, including furniture! This sale runs through May 29th.
- For Memorial Day 2023, ettitude is discounting the whole collection of bamboo linens by 23% through May 30th. We highly recommend the soft and lightweight bamboo towels.
- You’ll find the cutest cookware and bakeware at Great Jones, and this weekend you can save 25% off sitewide (with a few exceptions). Use code MDW25 at checkout and get cookin’!
- Maybe you’re skipping the car this summer and looking for a more sustainable alternative—Juiced Bikes carries a wide range of performance electric bikes, including off road and commuters. Save $400 on select e-bikes, no code required, through May 30th.
- For the compost-est with the most-est, you can snag a Lomi for up to $255 off through May 31st, depending on which refill plan you subscribe to! Lomi helps us reduce food waste and is especially good for folks with gardens or lots and lots of plants. 🌿
- Our editor swears by her Loftie clock and lamp when it comes to no longer relying on a smartphone as a wakeup alarm. (See her review here). Save 25% sitewide with code MEMORIALDAY25 through May 30th.
- Look what’s cookin’ over at GreenPan—save 40% sitewide using FLAG40 and swap out your scratched nonstick pans for an eco-friendly alternative.
- Upgrade your sleep situation with Yana Sleep‘s organic body pillow that hugs your entire body. Use code MEMDAY2023 for 20% off sitewide through May 31st.
- If you have pets or kids, Ruggable‘s washable rugs are long-lasting alternative to swapping rugs every year. Use code MD23 at checkout for up to 15% off sitewide (and up to 20% off summer favorites). Sale runs through May 30th.
- MYSA Wine is running a 15% off sale on canned and chillable wines through May 29th—you can even stack with an additional 10% off if you purchase 12 bottles. Summer entertaining will be all set!
- For more kitchen essentials, head to Xtrema Cookware and save 20% sitewide—and add an extra 20% in savings when you use the code HONOR. Available through May 29th.
- Home goods are more like home “greats” at Made Trade. Save 15% sitewide when you use code HELLOSUMMER through May 30th (and score 60% off sale items).
- Stock up on your zero waste faves with Package Free and use code SUMMER to save 25% through May 30th.
- Set up your outdoor space for those summer nights with furniture from Outer, where you can shop their whole site up to 15% off.
- Moon Pod is an upgraded bean bag, designed to support better relaxation—save 25% sitewide automatically, and add code EXTRA15 to save another 15%!
- All eyes on Zenni Optical this weekend 👀 Use code SAVE23TGT at checkout for up to $15 off your purchase of $85 or more.
- Organic cotton and summer weather go hand in hand—you can save 20% off sitewide at Pact. Find your next go-to summer dress!
- Size and gender-inclusive favorite TomboyX is running a stock up and save sale through May 29th—purchase three or more products and get 25% off! (We highly recommend the Tencel collection, it’s so so soft.)
- Aurate is the sustainable jewelry brand making luxury more accessible. For everyday fine jewelry, save 30% sitewide with the code MEMORIAL30 through May 31st.
- Raffia knit summer hats and colorful blankies and slippers? Yes, please. Save 25% off sitewide at Verloop when you use code SUMMERVIBES through May 29th.
- Girlfriend Collective makes the best size-inclusive performance activewear around. This weekend, save 20% off orders of $125 or more, through May 29th.
- Save on denim well before back to school with WARP + WEFT this weekend. Save up to 70% off sitewide when you use the code MDW40 at checkout through May 29th (psst—even full price the jeans are under $100!)
- Naadam isn’t just for snuggly winter sweaters—check out the breezy summer collections like the Country Club Cashmere and matching cashmere short sets. You can save 25% off your order with code MDW25 through May 29th.
- Update your summer shoe situation with Nisolo—save 50% on summer essentials and get an additional 25% off select styles with code SUMMER25 through May 30th.
- Harvest & Mill‘s new Organic Heirloom Brown Collection is made with 100% dye-free organic cotton that naturally grows brown. Exclusively made through the brand’s traceable USA supply chain, the collection is fully vegan and carbon neutral. Use code SUMMER2023 for 15% off sitewide, May 26 through May 29.
- Luxuriate in linen this season with MagicLinen’s Memorial Day sale—save 15% on orders over $200 and 20% on orders over $300.
- HYER GOODS, an accessory brand creating bags and purses out of deadstock materials and factory scraps, is running daily deals throughout the weekend.
- MAY 26: Use code FANNYFRIDAY for discounts on fanny packs
- May 27: Use code PICTURETHIS for discounts on the Luxe Camera Bag
- May 28: use code SHOULDERS20 for 20% off shoulder bags
- May 29: Use code BUCKETDAY for discounts on the Signature Bucket Bag Silhouettes
- You can even save big on clothes for littles—head to Colored Organics for the sweetest baby clothing made using all natural materials. Take 20% off when you buy three qualified items or more, using code MDW20 at checkout
- Cleobella‘s Calista floral print can be dressed up, dressed down, and worn well into fall. Save 25% on dresses, bags, swimsuits and more in this print when you use code MEMDAY25 at checkout.
- Your new forever-favorite pair of denim is at ETICA, where you can save up to 40% off this weekend through May 30th. (We love the organic cotton collection, which includes shirts and dresses!)
- This weekend you can save up to $35 off at ABLE using code SUMMERSTYLE (on purchases over $150). Perfect if you’re investing in new sandals for the season.
- If you’re more of a lounger in the summer, head to This Is J for cozy and cool PJs. You can save 20% with code MDW20 through May 29th!
- Or, freshen up your lingerie with Cosabella‘s spring sale—use code Memorial20 to save 20% on select colors from the brand’s vibrant seasonal collection. (We’ve got our eyes on the pink sets.)
- Is it too early for gift shopping? (We don’t think so). Save 20% off all custom stamped jewelry pieces at Made by Mary through May 29th, auto-applied at checkout.
Beauty & Wellness
- TGT readers can get an exclusive 10% off sitewide at Erin’s Faces, a clean beauty brand for face and body, through May 29th using code GOODTRADEMAY at checkout. (We adore the mascara and the lipglosses!)
- Daybird‘s simple tinted skincare offers 50 SPF and just the right amount of color—it’s a staple in our routines. Save 20% when you use code SUMMER20 through May 30th!
- Get it on (and get 20% off) with Foria’s sexual wellness and self care products through June 1st with the code GOODTRADE at checkout.
- We love Versed Skin‘s affordable and clean skincare products, and they’re on sale! Save 15% sitewide with code SUMMERNOW15 and get a free brightening set when you spend $75 or more.
- Add Ritual to your…morning ritual, and enjoy the benefits of wellness supplements for whatever stage of life you’re in. Save 25% on your first month’s subscription when you use code MDW25 through May 30th.
- If you’re restocking your beauty cabinet with 100% PURE, why not get something a little extra? Use code COCONUTS to get a set of Coconut bath and body minis with orders $85 or over, through May 31st.
- Vegamour, the haircare brand committed to nourishing long and healthy hair, is offering 25% off sitewide through May 29th—just use code SUMMERSALE at checkout.
- Kinfield has the best mineral sunscreen (that doesn’t leave a white cast)! Take 20% off sitewide with the code SUNNY20 until Tuesday, May 30th.
Remember to check back for more deals daily! The most deals will be live between Friday May 26th and Monday May 29th.
Featured image from Awara.